Saturday, October 27, 2012

There's a Hurricane A-commin'!!

That's right!  Just as the title says, there is indeed a hurricane coming.  Whether or not it's going to hit us, is a completely different matter.  I, being a lover of all things creepy and dark, am actually rather looking forward to it.  The last hurricane I really dealt with was when I was seven, and I slept through it.  We were on vacation, and the locals assumed I was a devil child because I slept through such a tumultuous night.  I mean, they were right, but that's not the point!  
According to Weather.com, our entire state (Massachusetts) is in the ACTION bit, which is apparently quite serious.  Tergg and I will be running to the store tomorrow to stock up on provisions (tea and soup, probably...  water as well if they have any haha) and then we'll be tucking in.  We have classes Monday morning, but according to everyone I've spoken with, they'll most likely be canceled.  In any event, I'll be writing my psychology paper tomorrow, so I don't get caught with my pants down.
Well, enough of the real world bullshit... let's talk Asylums!  Tergg and I were planning o n going to Palmer, MA, to see Monson State Hospital this weekend, but plans changed, and now we're heading there next weekend (hopefully) so I don't have new fantastic asylum pictures.  I do, however, have some lovely architecture shots from Kassassin's 25th birthday romp through Boston!  They're not asylums, but I find them quite interesting.  They're the other pictures floating around the post, if you're wondering...
Wednesday is Halloween, and to celebrate it, I'm going to do a little dedication post to Danvers State Hospital.  I'll be blogging in between terrifying little children, so long as Hurricane Sandy doesn't blow her load too hard.  Some towns are changing the trick or treating to tomorrow night, which will make me sad and hate filled.  If you read about burning cars, it's from Sandy...  Anyhow, the Danvers post will have some pictures that I took as well as older photos and photos from other asylum-philes.
Tergg and I went to one of my best friend's Halloween party tonight, and had a fucking blast!  I went as a 1950's lobotomy patient, and thought I'd share the photo!  Tergg went as Snorlax from Pokémon, though I doubt I was lucky enough to snag a photo of him...  I'll have to look for one later...  I do believe I've taken up enough bandwidth, so I'll say adieu and begin my psychology paper...  I am regretably wide awake, and still slightly drunk, so this should prove to be a very interesting paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment